ROLE: Senior Motion Designer
REPORTING: Group Creative Director
OGILVY AFRICA – COMPANY OVERVIEW
Ogilvy Africa is the largest network agency on the continent catering to 39 countries with a team of ~900 people across Central, East, and West Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi – Kenya, Ogilvy Africa manages a portfolio of over 100 brands for clients such as AB Inbev, Airtel, Africa CDC, Coca-Cola, Diageo, Distell, Equity Bank, Exxon Mobil, Kenya Airways, Mondelez, NCBA, Nestle, Philips, PWC, SAB Miller, Sanlam, Total, UNICEF, Unilever and WWF amongst others.
It offers services across the full spectrum of marketing domains including Communication (Advertising, branding, and content), Consumer Experience (Technology & e-Commerce), Growth Consulting (incl. Digital Transformation), PR & Influence, and Media; under one unified setup. The agency has also created proprietary marketing products in areas such as real-time marketing, social intelligence, virtual experiences, influencer management, e-commerce enablement, and content hubs. Its unique operating model, One Ogilvy, allows clients and brands to cut the complexity of agency structures and create seamless omnichannel experiences for their consumers, across touchpoints. Fuelled by the holy trinity of content, data, and technology; Ogilvy Africa strives to be the best-practice agency model, for Developing & Emerging markets.
With 20+ years in Africa, Ogilvy Africa has won the highest number of regional and global awards for the region including Cannes Lions, Clio Awards, Dubai Lynx Festival, SABRE Awards (Global and Africa); to name a few.
Ogilvy is a leading global creative network of WPP, founded by David Ogilvy in 1948.
JOB PURPOSE – SUMMARY
The Senior Motion Designer works alongside the creative team to develop and execute any creative concepts that require animation, motion graphics, and video edited outputs. They can deliver a brand’s look and feel as well as develop unique treatment directions that enhance or elevate both client and internal projects (such as case studies etc.). They can oversee the work of junior designers and contractors in the Brand Creative team and can nurture talent. They can put together succinct creative presentations, from concept and insight orientation through to motion design options.
• Deliver against critical deadlines and with budget considerations, you’ll need to keep up to date on current design trends and production techniques, and continually bring fresh, challenging ideas to our Brand Creative studio.
• We’re also keen for you to share your knowledge and experience, and in doing so, encourage and support junior members of our team.
• You’ll apply our brand principles and values to your work and ensure that best-in-class design is applied to our integrated digital, traditional media, and Racing livery collateral.
• Ability to interpret stakeholder briefs and respond with creative concepts of the highest standard, using our brand standards and wider best practices to inform your process and thinking.
• The creation of animation storyboards.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
• Work with designers to understand the project scope and objectives.
• Prepare conceptual layouts for the motion graphic project.
• Keeping abreast of advancements in animation as well as new technologies and techniques, contemporary trends in product design, and popular music to deliver cutting-edge work.
• To deliver outstanding, cross-media creative to briefs that contribute to the ongoing development of our brand and touchpoints.
• Create highly engaging complex animations for a diverse array of media, including smartphones, tablets and the web.
• Encoding, converting and editing videos and adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
• Assist in selecting appropriate audio, graphic and animation styles for the project.
• Stakeholder Management – being able to interpret briefs and projects from stakeholders and line managers. To prioritize tasks, consider budget constraints and critical timelines. Managing stakeholder requirements efficiently and proactively through to project fulfillment.
• Organisation and Collaboration – excellent time-management skills ensuring timely delivery against critical paths throughout the year. Being organized, contributing to the planning and output of the studio. Working with fellow Brand & Creative team members. Reporting to, and collaborating with, our Creative Director.
• Ensure deadlines and project timelines are met.
• Communication – keeping the Creative Director, Head of Digital Creative and immediate team informed of design-related issues.
• Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• A portfolio of work demonstrating experience as a senior motion designer either for an agency or brand.
• In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly motion design-related software ie After Effects, Media Encoder, Premier Pro, Photoshop).
• Secondary software knowledge Cinema 4D, Renderer – Arnold/Octane.
• Has a thorough working knowledge of current design and motion graphic trends.
• Proven ability in offering a multi-skilled response to creative digital briefs.
• Ability to articulate and present creative concepts in response to briefs.
• Detail-orientated with exceptional organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
• Ability to supervise, inform and manage junior motion graphic designers, provide constructive feedback and nurture new talent.
• Continual proactive learning of new technologies, software, and industry innovations.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with studio creatives.
• Results – someone with an outstanding work ethic, driven by excellence with an expectation of delivering the best work possible.
• Collaborative – works collaboratively and engages in project teams, networks and alliances.
• Self-motivated – a track record of getting things done in challenging circumstances.
• Organized – the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and escalate where necessary.
• Communication – a clear, concise, and engaging communicator that can articulate creative thinking and implement it. To be able to listen and understand the needs of the business, stakeholder or outcome.
• Creative – imaginative, inquisitive, challenging convention, and thinking intuitively and creatively.
• Attention to detail – able to identify design or contextual flaws, and to remedy these with an exacting standard.
VALUES OF OGILVY AFRICA
• Courage: Shows bravery in making decisions and stands by values and beliefs.
• Idealism: Strives for achievements; dares to raise our sights and blaze new trails.
• Curiosity: Has a desire to know more and is open to all possibilities.
• Playfulness: Has fun and knows when not to take him or herself too seriously.
• Candour: Encourages openness and honesty with colleagues and with clients.
• Intuition: Trusting and listening to our unconscious or “inner guru”, to find unique solutions.
• Free-spiritedness: Permission to practice magic, encourage and promote flexibility.
• Persistence: Shows determination to achieve the right results
HOW TO APPLY
Ogilvy Africa is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a competitive advantage. We are committed to a fair and inclusive hiring process. To minimize unconscious biases from our hiring process, we’ve taken on an initiative to #RightTheCV (find out more by clicking here).
We encourage candidates to apply using this free, downloadable template, available here https://bit.ly/2OtLnYH
Kindly forward your application to Human.Resources@wpp-scangroup.com indicating the job title as the subject. Please also share your motivation for the role along with your updated CV.
Closing Date: 24th September 2021.