ROLE: Program Manager
REPORTING: Program Director
OGILVY AFRICA – COMPANY OVERVIEW
Ogilvy Africa is the largest network agency on the continent catering to 39 countries with a team of ~900 people across Central, East and West Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi – Kenya, Ogilvy Africa manages a portfolio of over 100 brands for clients such as AB Inbev, Airtel, Africa CDC, Coca-Cola, Diageo, Distell, Equity Bank, Exxon Mobil, Kenya Airways, Mondelez, NCBA, Nestle, Philips, PWC, SAB Miller, Sanlam, Total, UNICEF, Unilever and WWF amongst others.
It offers services across the full spectrum of marketing domains including Communication (Advertising, branding and content), Experience (Technology & e-Commerce), Growth Consulting (incl. Digital Transformation), PR & Influence and Media; all under one unified setup. The agency has also created proprietary marketing products in areas such as real-time marketing, social intelligence, virtual experiences, influencer management, e-commerce enablement and content hubs. Its unique operating model, One Ogilvy, allows clients and brands to cut the complexity of agency structures and create seamless omni-channel experiences for their consumers, across touchpoints. Fuelled by the holy trinity of content, data and technology; Ogilvy Africa strives to be the best-practice agency model, for Developing & Emerging markets.
With 20+ years in Africa, Ogilvy Africa has won the highest number of regional and global awards for the region including Cannes Lions, Clio awards, Dubai Lynx Festival, SABRE Awards (Global and Africa); to name a few.
Ogilvy is a leading global creative network of WPP, founded by David Ogilvy in 1948.
JOB PURPOSE – SUMMARY
Ogilvy FEED is a real-time social intelligence and content unit connecting brands to popular culture. Listening and analysing real-world signals and turning them into insights and ideas that are tailored to the new digital audience. Working at the speed of culture: moving fast and breaking things.
Our Program Managers bring value to our clients by passionately and professionally representing the agency on a day-to-day basis. They are the trusted partner and point of contact for junior to mid-level clients partnering with account leadership to deliver operational discipline and delivery excellence, speed to market, resource optimization, and profitability management to their business(es).
Program Managers are efficient operators, who demonstrate strong commercial abilities and business and financial acumen. They are organized and accountable program leaders, who are able to build relationships and collaborate with/draw on the expertise of all Ogilvy’s capabilities.
Program Managers add value by interrogating every appropriate client brief and assignment, and striving to solve our client’s larger business problems, not just the immediate request at hand.
In this particular role you will be a PMO for an iconic Kenyan brand on their on-site team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• The key day-to-day project contact with stakeholders, creative teams, specialists and other agency partners
• Managing client objectives, expectations and timelines and communicating changes/directions to internal team members
• Working integrally with all internal team members to facilitate the process of developing effective strategies and briefs that lead to efficient work.
• Influencing the efficiency and quality of work and advocating for the agency/client relationship.
• Mobilizing and driving the integrated team towards forward progress, action and results
• Effectively presenting work from a delivery standpoint
• Understanding and developing staffing and scoping requirements
• Owning the budget to manage costs and deliverables as well as staffing resources
• Owning project management/workflow system data entry and reporting
• Identifying potential project risks and developing contingency plans
• Developing and maintaining high levels of team effectiveness (trust, communication, collaboration, productivity, diversity, engagement)
• Understanding & respecting every department’s role in delivering great work and building relationships
PROFESSION, TECHNICAL SKILL AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• 3-5 years of related, client facing industry experience managing “the making” or delivery of great work
• Ideally, several different account experiences delivering programs in at least 3 different capabilities (B2C, CPG, digital, tech, influence, etc.)
• Demonstrable knowledge of client and Agency operations and working knowledge of Ogilvy’s capabilities
• Curious, a lifelong learner
• Proven negotiation skills
• Strong project management skills in scoping, resource planning and project planning. Capability in using different project management tools.
• Experience forming strong client relationships
• Demonstrated capability to get things done on budget and on time
• Developing commercial abilities, business & financial acumen
• An understanding of the dynamics and workings of the project management process as it relates to the client’s business
• Strong internal relationships (particularly with creative team)
• A good listener, someone who reads people and those in a room well (and adapts their style and response accordingly)
• Accountability and calm, confident presence
• Based in Nairobi Kenya
• FEED works as a combination of ON and OFFSITE work-frame. So, you will be required to work from client office locations and Ogilvy offices from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY
Ogilvy Africa is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a competitive advantage. We are committed to a fair and inclusive hiring process. To minimise unconscious biases from our hiring process, we’ve taken on an initiative to #RightTheCV (find out more by clicking here)
We encourage candidates to apply using this free, downloadable template, available here https://bit.ly/2OtLnYH
Kindly forward your application to Human.Resources@wpp-scangroup.com indicating the job title as the subject. Please also share your motivation for the role along with your updated CV.
Closing Date: September 17th, 2021