ROLE: Program Executive
REPORTING: Program Director
OGILVY AFRICA – COMPANY OVERVIEW
Ogilvy Africa is the largest network agency on the continent catering to 39 countries with a team of ~900 people across Central, East and West Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi – Kenya, Ogilvy Africa manages a portfolio of over 100 brands for clients such as AB Inbev, Airtel, Africa CDC, Coca-Cola, Diageo, Distell, Equity Bank, Exxon Mobil, Kenya Airways, Mondelez, NCBA, Nestle, Philips, PWC, SAB Miller, Sanlam, Total, UNICEF, Unilever and WWF amongst others.
It offers services across the full spectrum of marketing domains including Communication (Advertising, branding and content), Experience (Technology & e-Commerce), Growth Consulting (incl. Digital Transformation), PR & Influence and Media; all under one unified setup. The agency has also created proprietary marketing products in areas such as real-time marketing, social intelligence, virtual experiences, influencer management, e-commerce enablement and content hubs. Its unique operating model, One Ogilvy, allows clients and brands to cut the complexity of agency structures and create seamless omni-channel experiences for their consumers, across touchpoints. Fuelled by the holy trinity of content, data and technology; Ogilvy Africa strives to be the best-practice agency model, for Developing & Emerging markets.
With 20+ years in Africa, Ogilvy Africa has won the highest number of regional and global awards for the region including Cannes Lions, Clio awards, Dubai Lynx Festival, SABRE Awards (Global and Africa); to name a few.
Ogilvy is a leading global creative network of WPP, founded by David Ogilvy in 1948.
JOB PURPOSE – SUMMARY
Ogilvy FEED is a real-time social intelligence and content unit connecting brands to popular culture. Listening and analysing real-world signals and turning them into insights and ideas that are tailored to the new digital audience. Working at the speed of culture: moving fast and breaking things.
Our program executives are our entry level agency staff who partner daily with program managers and various account leaders to support client business (operational and delivery excellence, efficiency and speed to market) as well as the client’s business (competitive understanding, basics in client’s data and metrics, etc.). Program executives are curious observers of life, passionate about learning all they can about our industry. They are pro-active and adaptable, brave and resourceful. This role provides opportunities from time-to-time, to work onsite with some of Africa’s top companies and well -known global brands.
• Establishing and building relationships internally, along with establishing relationships with ON and OFFSITE teams.
• Demonstrating business etiquette in both meetings and written communications
• Providing administrative support, including status reports, meeting scheduling, event planning, budget tracking, etc.
• Learning about key agency capabilities and disciplines such as Advertising, Customer Engagement, Media, Production, Strategy, Account, Program Management, Creative, Performance marketing, etc.)
• Beginning to ‘manage the making’ of communications assets and understand Ogilvy’s ‘process’
• Managing small projects and supporting PM’s on larger projects across all Ogilvy capabilities (ABC, Experience, PR&I and Media)
• Develop and propose storylines and other tactical program elements that further clients’ objectives
• Assistance with project management/workflow system data entry and reporting
• Basic analyses of business results and competitive landscapes
• Understanding & respecting every department’s role within the on-site and off-site team in Ogilvy
• Working to anticipate upcoming needs and hurdles and providing ideas to mitigate challenges
• Anticipating project delays, scope creeps and knowing when to escalate proactively
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• 0-2 years of experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proactivity and enthusiasm
• Demonstrable passion for all aspects of the agency’s business
• Strong skills in research and analysis
• Willingness to take on new challenges
• Natural & effective collaborator
• Good listener
• Detail-oriented and reliable
• Based in Nairobi, Kenya.
• FEED works as a combination of ON and OFFSITE work-frame. So, you will be required to work from client office locations and Ogilvy offices from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY
Ogilvy Africa is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a competitive advantage. We are committed to a fair and inclusive hiring process. To minimise unconscious biases from our hiring process, we’ve taken on an initiative to #RightTheCV (find out more by clicking here)
We encourage candidates to apply using this free, downloadable template, available here https://bit.ly/2OtLnYH
Kindly forward your application to Human.Resources@wpp-scangroup.com indicating the job title as the subject. Please also share your motivation for the role along with your updated CV.
Closing Date: September 17th, 2021