ROLE: Media Planning & Buying Manager
REPORTING: Media Director & Country Manager
JOB PURPOSE – SUMMARY
The single owner in TZ for the planning, optimizing and communicating of media plans with clients. Along with this providing support to the larger team internally and coordinating with HQ/Hub to distill the media principles thinking locally.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Working with the client to understand business objectives and advertising strategy.
- Custodian of the media side of the client’s relations.
- Identifying local market nuances & challenges via media data and working with the central hub team to develop methods & solutions to overcome.
- Responsible fro local deployment of required processes & planning efficiencies.
- Researching and analysing data to translate ideas into quantifiable media objective.
- Identifying target audiences their characteristics, behaviour, insights and media habits.
- Recommending the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective timing and location with help from optimization tools such as Telmar and quanvert.
- Write & presnt strategies and implementation plans for various brands.
- Developing flow plans in line with the brands communication strategy.
- Being the flow plan delivery custodian.
- Liase with account managers and creative teams to ensure strategic thought is in sync with creative ideas.
- Assuring media plans deliver & quality control.
- Maintaining strict TAT’s on strategy, plan scheduling and KPI’s.
- Coordinate with central media buying team to deliver their strategy and agenda locally.
- Market lead for negotiations with vendors across TV, Print, Radio & Digital.
- Local market owner of vendor rates, efficiencies and improvement strategies.
- Maintain strong relationships with all vendors and partners.
- Any other duties as assigned to you.
PROFFESSIONAL, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Must have at least 3-4 years’ experience as Media Planner,
- College education,
- Attention to detail,
- Computer literacy,
- Excellent spoken and written English,
- Admirable presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly forward your application to Human.Resources@wpp-scangroup.com indicating the job title as the subject. Please also share your motivation for the role and include your detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Closing Date: 11th February 2021