ROLE: Front End Developer
REPORTING: Group Creative Director
OGILVY AFRICA – COMPANY OVERVIEW
Ogilvy Africa is the largest network agency on the continent catering to 39 countries with a team of ~900 people across Central, East, and West Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi – Kenya, Ogilvy Africa manages a portfolio of over 100 brands for clients such as AB Inbev, Airtel, Africa CDC, Coca-Cola, Diageo, Distell, Equity Bank, Exxon Mobil, Kenya Airways, Mondelez, NCBA, Nestle, Philips, PWC, SAB Miller, Sanlam, Total, UNICEF, Unilever and WWF amongst others.
It offers services across the full spectrum of marketing domains including Communication (Advertising, branding, and content), Consumer Experience (Technology & e-Commerce), Growth Consulting (incl. Digital Transformation), PR & Influence, and Media; one unified setup. The agency has also created proprietary marketing products in areas such as real-time marketing, social intelligence, virtual experiences, influencer management, e-commerce enablement, and content hubs. Its unique operating model, One Ogilvy, allows clients and brands to cut the complexity of agency structures and create seamless omnichannel experiences for their consumers, across touchpoints. Fuelled by the holy trinity of content, data, and technology; Ogilvy Africa strives to be the best-practice agency model, for Developing & Emerging markets.
With 20+ years in Africa, Ogilvy Africa has won the highest number of regional and global awards for the region including Cannes Lions, Clio Awards, Dubai Lynx Festival, SABRE Awards (Global and Africa); to name a few.
Ogilvy is a leading global creative network of WPP, founded by David Ogilvy in 1948.
JOB PURPOSE – SUMMARY
A Frontend developer is responsible for coding the visual elements of a web application that users interact with.
The Frontend developer translates the UI/UX designs to a pixel-perfect clickable prototype of the web application optimized for proper rendering on various devices – mobile and desktop.
• Build high quality and reusable code adopting the latest web technologies
• Optimize application to achieve optimal page load speeds on various devices and browsers
• Troubleshoot and debug already developed applications
• Collaborate with other team members throughout the application lifecycle to achieve the best customer experience
• Participate in UI/UX design
• Participate in products ideation and develop POCs to support research on new products and features
• Taking lead on projects, where necessary
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Ability to perform fundamental DOM manipulations and data injection techniques by consumption of web services
• Good understanding of at least one Frontend and CSS framework – React, Vue.js, Angular, Bootstrap, Materialize, Semantic, etc.
• Team player and solution-oriented personality
• Basic understanding of at least one bundler eg. Webpack, parcel, etc …
• Working experience with a version control system such as Git, SVN, etc …
• Excellent task estimation and time management skills
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a non-technical audience
• Good understanding of software testing methodologies
• Experience with agile methodologies
• A good understanding of various web technologies, great research capabilities to make the best recommendations for different challenges
• SEO fundamentals
VALUES OF OGILVY AFRICA
• Courage: Shows bravery in making decisions and stands by values and beliefs.
• Idealism: Strives for achievements; dares to raise our sights and blaze new trails.
• Curiosity: Has a desire to know more and is open to all possibilities.
• Playfulness: Has fun and knows when not to take him or herself too seriously.
• Candour: Encourages openness and honesty with colleagues and with clients.
• Intuition: Trusting and listening to our unconscious or “inner guru”, to find unique solutions.
• Free-spiritedness: Permission to practice magic, encourage and promote flexibility.
• Persistence: Shows determination to achieve the right results
HOW TO APPLY
Ogilvy Africa is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a competitive advantage. We are committed to a fair and inclusive hiring process. To minimize unconscious biases from our hiring process, we’ve taken on an initiative to #RightTheCV (find out more by clicking here)
We encourage candidates to apply using this free, downloadable template, available here https://bit.ly/2OtLnYH
Kindly forward your application to Human.Resources@wpp-scangroup.com indicating the job title as the subject. Please also share your motivation for the role along with your updated CV.
Closing Date: 24th September 2021.