REPORTING: Group Creative Director
OGILVY AFRICA – COMPANY OVERVIEW
Ogilvy Africa is the largest network agency on the continent catering to 39 countries with a team of ~900 people across Central, East and West Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi – Kenya, Ogilvy Africa manages a portfolio of over 100 brands for clients such as AB Inbev, Airtel, Africa CDC, Coca-Cola, Diageo, Distell, Equity Bank, Exxon Mobil, Kenya Airways, Mondelez, NCBA, Nestle, Philips, PWC, SAB Miller, Sanlam, Total, UNICEF, Unilever and WWF amongst others.
It offers services across the full spectrum of marketing domains including Communication (Advertising, branding and content), Consumer Experience (Technology & e-Commerce), Growth Consulting (incl. Digital Transformation), PR & Influence and Media; all under one unified setup. The agency has also created proprietary marketing products in areas such as real-time marketing, social intelligence, virtual experiences, influencer management, e-commerce enablement and content hubs. It’s unique operating model, One Ogilvy, allows clients and brands to cut the complexity of agency structures and create seamless omni-channel experiences for their consumers, across touchpoints. Fuelled by the holy trinity of content, data and technology; Ogilvy Africa strives to be the best-practice agency model, for Developing & Emerging markets.
With 20+ years in Africa, Ogilvy Africa has won the highest number of regional and global awards for the region including Cannes Lions, Clio awards, Dubai Lynx Festival, SABRE Awards (Global and Africa); to name a few.
Ogilvy is a leading global creative network of WPP, founded by David Ogilvy in 1948.
JOB PURPOSE – SUMMARY
The job of a copywriter is one of the most sought-after advertising jobs in the industry. The creative copywriter crafts and shapes the words in an advertisement. In doing so, he or she defines the success of both the advertisement and the advertiser. The history of advertising has often proven the creative copywriter’s pen to be one of the greatest marketing tools.
• Writing clear, compelling and error-free copy across mediums; above the line, below the line and everything in between.
• Meeting with clients to understand their message, brand voice, target audience and brief.
• Proposing copy concepts in an engaging way for clients and seeing through projects once they are approved
• Interpreting creative direction and technical information and turning them into persuasive copy and concepts
• Collaborating with PR and marketing departments to brainstorm and develop a variety of marketing materials
• Working with clients to edit and modify copy to meet their expectations
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
• 3-5 years experience in content marketing or copywriting, preferably with an agency
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually
• Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight deadlines
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow and grammar
• Proven ability to demonstrate brand voice
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent portfolio of work
• Courage: Shows bravery in making decisions and stands by values and beliefs.
• Idealism: Strives for achievements; dares to raise our sights and blaze new trails.
• Curiosity: Has a desire to know more and is open to all possibilities.
• Playfulness: Has fun and knows when not to take him or herself too seriously.
• Candour: Encourages openness and honesty with colleagues and with clients.
• Intuition: Trusting and listening to our unconscious or “inner guru”, to find unique solutions.
• Free-spiritedness: Permission to practice magic, encourage and promote flexibility.
• Persistence: Shows determination to achieve the right results
HOW TO APPLY
Ogilvy Africa is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a competitive advantage. We are committed to a fair and inclusive hiring process. To minimise unconscious biases from our hiring process, we’ve taken on an initiative to #RightTheCV (find out more by clicking here)
We encourage candidates to apply using this free, downloadable template, available here https://bit.ly/2OtLnYH
Kindly forward your application to Human.Resources@wpp-scangroup.com indicating the job title as the subject. Please also share your motivation for the role along with your updated CV.
Closing Date: 20th October 2021